Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Is planking cool?

Is planking still cool? Or, to be more accurate, was it ever cool? I never really understood planking, and I think we can all agree that I'm about as hip as you could ask for, so maybe it never really was cool to begin with. I'm only asking because the baby seems to really be into it. I don't know where she learned about it. I suppose it could have been in the nursery at church; there are a lot of cool babies there. Or maybe she watched a story about planking on Good Morning America. Who knows? What I do know is that she has started to plank whenever she doesn't get what she wants. You would think that she would be happy just doing the normal old baby things, like crying and whining. Oh, she does those, too, but when she gets really mad, her face turns red, she arches her back, and she thrusts her legs out as stiff as can be, just like a plank. I haven't tried this, since she's a baby and all, but I think I could balance her on one finger if I tried, and she would just lay there perfectly still, like a bright red, crying, piece of wood.

Who knew our 2-month-old baby would already be more hip than her parents? Actually, if you know her parents, you probably aren't all that surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment