Friday, June 22, 2012

A Blissful Friday Morning

Most Friday mornings either my wife or I stay home with all three of our kids while the other parent goes in to work. Our three kids alone are a handful, but then my sister also brings her 3-year-old daughter, The Cousin, over for us to look after while she goes to work. The Girl and The Boy love hanging out with The Cousin, and get themselves totally amped up and wigged out when they know she's coming over. The Cousin is also very excitable, so the three of them can quickly turn into a Raging Ball of Toddler when they get together. Throw in The Baby, and Friday mornings can be more than a little stressful for Daddy or Mommy. Actually, Mommy handles Fridays with much more aplomb than Daddy. When it's Daddy's turn to stay home on a given Friday morning, he can oftentimes be seen making a break for the border on Thursday night.
   
Lo and behold, today was Daddy's Friday to stay home. It was also the first Friday since we got our house cleaned and moved a majority of the kids' toys downstairs. I can't tell you what a difference it made to my sanity when the Raging Ball of Toddler spent most of the morning downstairs, playing nicely amongst themselves, while Daddy and Baby stayed upstairs in the relative peace and quiet. A little work got done, a couple of dozy naps were taken, and I only got called downstairs to fill milk cups and break up brouhahas a handful of times. I don't know why we didn't think about moving all the toys downstairs years ago. It's almost making me look forward to my next Friday morning at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment