Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Blog Filled With Jibberjabber

It's been a while since I last wrote on my blog. When I have thought about writing, it's been hard to come up with any ideas. Actually, it was more difficult just to stop myself long enough to do any thinking. A couple of weeks ago I was in a really good mode where new blog ideas kept popping into my brain, without really having to work at it very much. Then my family left for a trip to Oklahoma last week, and while they were gone I went from "gotta write on my blog everyday" mode to "there's no time to write, I gotta get stuff done around here while the kids are gone" mode. So, for the past week or so I spent every waking moment...OK, most of my waking moments...OK, some of my waking moments working around the house, either cleaning or painting or watering our new grass seed or cutting down tree limbs. I did get a lot of stuff done around here, although I probably would have had some time to write, if the only other creatures in our house, our dogs, had done anything worthy of being written about. Instead, they just lazed around the house, every once in a while sneaking a peek at the front door to see if anyone more interesting than me was about to walk in and save them from their boredom. Nobody ever did, so there was nothing exciting to write about.

I guess I could have described, in intricate detail, how I went out every 20 minutes or so to aim the sprinklers onto a different section of new grass, or how I stealthily climbed the ladder so I could reach all the low-hanging branches that needed to get culled, or how I found some really cool bleached elk hair to use while tying a bunch of flies that I may get to fish with some day, but I didn't think those things would be very interesting to anyone but me. 

Now the whole family is home, and in the two days since they arrived, there have been a few chaotic things I could have written about. But the week of brain inactivity has continued on, and I haven't been able to concentrate on my writing enough to come up with any fun topics. Hopefully this entry filled with jibberjabber will kickstart my writing neurons, because the only thing left to write about is how I repainted the new kid-sized picnic table we got a couple of weeks ago. And reading a blog about watching paint dry would be a billion times worse than actually watching paint dry. I'll try to come up with something interesting real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment