Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Funky Tale

I haven't blogged in an entire week. I'm sure you have been going through withdrawals, not having anything good to read. I haven't really felt like writing lately, because I haven't felt like doing anything. I've been sick, and the only thing I have felt like doing is sleeping. Good thing I'm so good at sleeping, huh? Oh, I guess I also have felt like running to the bathroom about 50 times a day, but that's far less exciting to write about. From Monday evening through Thursday of this week, I think I averaged about 20 hours of sleep a day. Maybe 23... At some point in the week, my beautiful bride looked at me and said "It's amazing how much you have slept this week!" All I could say in response was "Thank you!"
This is where I spent most of my time this week.
You might think that, since I was just laying around the house for a large portion of the week, I would have spent a lot of time writing, and that I would have posted so many blog posts that we all would have gotten tired of me. But that didn't happen. When I get sick, laying around, doing nothing, my mind tends to get a little funky. Or, I should say, my mind usually goes into a funk. I don't think it's full-blown depression, but it's worse than just being a little bummed out. I don't want to do anything, I am easily irritated, I start to worry about every little thing. Life is sad. And, as a result, I didn't feel like writing, even though there probably were plenty of things going on around our house that I could have written about. Like, ummm, hmm. Wait a minute. I slept through everything interesting. Now that I'm starting to feel better, I will try to stay awake for all the fun. I know I will have something to write about real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment