Monday, September 10, 2012

My Son, the Cow

In my last post I wrote about what a stinker the Boy has become since he turned 2. At least I think that's what I wrote about. The chaos in our house has been pretty intense lately, so maybe I am remembering things wrong. In any case, the boy has become quite a stinker- hitting, kicking, and openly defying his mommy and daddy any chance he gets.

In the last couple days, though, he has taken his defiance up a notch. Now, when I try to get him to stop being a stinker, he not only gets me with his favorite phrase, "NOOOOO, DADDY!", but now he has started to back that up with a loud "Moooooooo!!!" He usually backs that first moo up with a second and sometimes third moo, as well. I am not really sure why he has started mooing at me. Does he think I look like a cow? Does he think that if he pretends to be a cow, I will get scared and back down from trying to get him to stop being a stinker? Does he think that cows are at the top of the food chain, and that his lowly old Daddy will run away so as not to get eaten by the frightening bovine? Is it just that cows were one of the first animals he learned how to imitate, and, being 2, he doesn't have a lot of other stuff in his tiny brain to throw at me? I am not sure. What I am sure about is that the mooing does not make me any happier about his being such a stinker. In fact, it might make things worse.
Is this a cow or the Boy? They both have similar amounts of hair...
I'm not really sure what to do about it, though. I can't rope him like a calf - PETA would get mad at me. I can't brand him - he doesn't like hot things. I guess that means I'll have to use the old-fashioned method -giving him a timeout. I'm sure that works for cows just as well as it does for kids. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment: