Sunday, September 30, 2012

Scott, Minus the Dew

I've done the unthinkable. Which may not surprise some of you, who probably think I'm pretty good at doing things most people wouldn't think of. But believe me, what I have done will seem unthinkable to a lot of people who know me. I have given up Mountain Dew!!!!!! Oh my goodness, it seems even weirder when I see it in writing! I, Scott Andrew Hanson, have given up the thing that I have loved for a majority of my life. I have consumed so much Mountain Dew over the years that the Pepsi Company sent me a special unit that lets me hook myself up and "drink" a Dew intravenously. (This is untrue. But would be cool.)

I really didn't plan to give up my Mountain Dew. It just sort of happened. You see, I got sick last Monday night. It was a stomach bug that I probably got from the Girl. She had been sick the week before, but when it hit her, she was sick for a total of about three hours. By the next morning she was just fine. When it hit me, I was sick for what seemed like an ice age. It was really only about five days, but still, that's too long to be sick. I won't go into the gory details, but I will say that this stomach bug came with all of the awful stuff you would think a stomach bug would come with. Needless to say, I did not feel like eating much for most of the week, and sweet, fruity pop did not interest me, either. When I did drink anything it was either water or Sprite, which we have always heard was good at settling an upset tummy.
No more Mountain Dew for me. I guess I'll just have to get my vitamins somewhere else.
Now, I am feeling much better, but I still have no interest in sweet, fruity pop. And the lack of caffeine in my life is going smoothly, as well. I seem to be sleeping very well, and am not noticing any zombieishness throughout the day. I keep wondering if the lack of corn syrup in my body will have any ill effects on me, but so far, so good.

I guess we'll just have to see how this goes. I thought there would have to be something weird that would happen, going from 4-5 cans of Mountain Dew per day to none. But so far, there hasn't been anything. I haven't even had a hint of a headache yet, which seems odd. I have every intention of sticking with this. If you see me drinking a Mountain Dew, feel free to smack it out of my hands. I will thank you later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment