Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Baby is Getting Old!

As I am writing this, it is near the end of the day that marks the Baby's 6 month "birthday". Half a year old already. It's hard to believe. Especially since her Mommy and I have aged about 5 years in that time! We spent part of the day visiting the hospital that all of our kids were born in, not just as a way of reminiscing, but instead to visit some friends of ours who had a baby late last night. I kind of thought we might get welcomed by all the nurses in the maternity ward with a hearty "Welcome back, Hansons!" as we walked through the doors, but alas, that did not happen. In fact, I realized that during all the time we spent in that hospital having three kids in the past 3 and a half years, I don't ever remember seeing any of the nurses more than once. Is there a high turnover for maternity nurses? I am not sure, and I don't plan on going back any time soon to continue my research, just in case you were wondering.

Kids always seem to enjoy celebrating their half-birthdays. I wouldn't say that the Baby is that way, yet, since this was her first half-birthday. It would be more accurate to say that I was the one looking forward to this day much more than she was. I was looking forward to it because, as I have written about in an earlier post, 6 months is the age we start to feed our kids solid foods. I was especially excited about this for the Baby because she has been far more ornery than her siblings ever were over their first 6 months of life, and I theorized that maybe once she started to eat food to supplement her milk intake, having a fuller tummy would make her more satisfied and happier, overall. Well, we actually started her on food a couple of days early, feeding her some apple a couple of times, and fried eggs both of the last two mornings. Oh, and we tried her on some string cheese, too. She seemed totally enamored with all of these foods, gumming them into smithereens. She even got some in her tummy, as evidenced by the diaper I changed last night. I won't go into any further details about that, you can just figure out what I mean on your own.

So far, the food intake hasn't made her any happier, but it's still early. I am hoping that something changes soon. The Wife and I would prefer that our next 5 years of aging actually takes 5 years to happen!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I see... you wanted to send me a CRANKY child. Well, the deal's off, buddy. She's awfully cute, though! She looks like a 1 year-old. You Hansons and your advanced babies! ;-)

    ReplyDelete