Monday, October 29, 2012

100th Post Gala Extravaganza!!!


No matter which party they're in, all politicians love this blog!
I wasn't exactly sure how well this whole blog thing was going to go when I first started it in May. And, maybe it's not going as well as I think it is, but I am having fun writing it, and some people seem to like reading it, so I would say it's going OK. If you are currently reading this, I would like to send out a great big Thank You for making the Total Pageviews number go up by one. I never thought I would get so obsessed with looking at a fake odometer-type thingie on the internet, but seeing the number go up really boosts my ego. So, thank you.

Of course, I also need to thank my family. Without my three crazy kids and the two annoying dogs, I wouldn't have had much to write about over these past few months. And my wonderful wife, who wrangles the kids while I go off in the other room to pound away on the computer keyboard, also needs to be thanked profusely. She is an amazing woman, and she also provides much needed counsel when I ask her if what I have written would offend her 98-year-old grandmother. The last thing I want to do is offend Grandma Millie, one of my most avid readers, and my wife helps to ensure I don't do that. Very often.

I also want to thank my good friend and pastor, Kory Kleinsasser. It was at an early morning breakfast meeting back in early May that he suggested I start a blog. While scarfing down my delicious Moon Over My Hammy sandwich that morning, I initially scoffed at the idea, simply because I, at one time, had read that blogs have an average readership of one person. But then I thought about it some more, and decided to give it a try. Now I am totally addicted to blogging, to the point of ignoring my family and all my household chores. Thank you, Kory, for helping me get to this point!

Well, it's been a fun first 100 posts. Who knows what the next 100 will bring. I guess we'll all just have to keep reading to find out. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind if you ignore your family, but offend Grandma Millie and I'm outta here! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it. Laura. I will not offend Grandma Millie. Hardly at all. :)

      Delete