Monday, October 22, 2012

Anatomically Correct

I just changed a very messy diaper on the Boy. The mess got everywhere, including all over his man-parts. Cleaning him off was not a lot of fun, but it did inspire me to really start to work on getting him potty-trained. Up until now, we haven't put a lot of effort into it, but after this diaper, we definitely will.

I didn't come here to write about potty training, though. There was a much more delicate situation evolving. The Boy is very inquisitive, so when I was cleaning off his tiddly bits, he asked me, "Whatcha doing, Daddy?" I wasn't exactly sure if he was ready for this, but I told him that I was cleaning off his (insert anatomically correct word here). I don't think he fully understood, because he kept asking me "Where's the peanut?" Peanuts are one of his favorite snacks, so I think I was just making him hungry.

The conversation ended there, but I think it was a good start to the discussion about the difference between boys and girls. We'll be sure and continue it this afternoon, when Mommy is home with the kids and Daddy has gone in to work. 
Too bad Leonardo da Vinci isn't still alive so he could teach the Boy about anatomy. I guess it will be all up to the Wife...  

No comments:

Post a Comment