Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Peanuts, Anyone?

I guess I need to admit the truth. I don't know how it happened, but all of my children have peanut heads. Their Doctor has told us this multiple times, but I wasn't ready to admit it until we took the Baby to her most recent appointment. It really seemed to hit home with me when the Dr. told us that she was measuring in the 90th percentile in weight (Woohoo!), the 90th percentile in height (Oh yeah!), but just the 50th percentile in head size (Boo!). These numbers have been pretty much consistent amongst all our children throughout the years.

Does my head look small in this pic? I don't know what was cooler, my Dukes of Hazzard shorts, my striped tube socks, or my huge glasses. Maybe the gigantic stereo I was standing in front of was the coolest...
I am not sure if I am ready to take the blame on this one. When I look at pictures of me as a small boy, it seems as though I have a pretty large head, especially in comparison to my skinny twig-like arms and legs. Of course, it could just be the fact that my enormous glasses are what makes my head look big. Maybe I need to admit that my kids did get their peanut heads from me. I guess that would be better than getting my terrible eyesight or my crooked teeth. It's a good thing they got their cuteness from their mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment