Monday, November 5, 2012

I Love Food

I love food. I love thinking about food. I love looking at food. I love smelling food. Of course, I love eating food. I even love watching food shows on TV. Not that I make an effort to watch it all the time, but I love watching the show America's Test Kitchen on PBS. And the Wife and I found another fun food show while we were watching the cable TV in a hotel room recently - Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, or something to that effect. Whatever it's called, they showed some delicious looking food on there. I was salivating while watching a guy eat a Juicy Lucy hamburger that was topped with carved roast beef and cheddar cheese sauce, when my wife gave me one of the nicest compliments she's ever given me. She looked at me and said "I can't believe you're not hugely fat!" Isn't she the best!

Since I am constantly thinking about food, I came up with a list of the Top 5 Restaurants That I Miss Since I Don't Work in Roseville Any More. I now work in Lake Elmo, which is home to a couple of nice restaurants, but the area does not have nearly the selection that the Roseville area has. So I often find myself daydreaming about the restaurants on this list. See if you agree with me. And if you don't, keep it to yourself! They are, in order:
The amazing fish & chips at Mac's Fish & Chips. I dream about this every day of my life. Photo courtesy of Mac's Fish & Chips

  1. Mac's Fish & Chips. I love good fish & chips, and this hole in the wall has the best anywhere.
  2. Eddington's. Endless bowls of delicious soup for under $8, and you can choose from any of the 12 flavors every time you fill up? Yes please!
  3. Khan's Mongolian Barbecue. This place is fun, and the food is awesome.
  4. Royal Orchid Thai Food. The best Pad Thai I have had, although they have since moved a few miles away.
  5. China Buffet. This place was just down the mall from where I worked. They switched from a buffet to a sit-down place. I don't think they lasted long after that... 
There are a lot more great places to eat in the Roseville area, but these are the top 5 that I miss the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment