Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thank You For Everything!

I have so much to be thankful for, and I can't think of a better time than Thanksgiving Day to write about it all. This list of things I am thankful for might be a little different than yours, but please bear with me.

First of all, I am thankful for high quality disposable diapers. Especially the Up&Up brand diapers from Target. They are inexpensive, super absorbent, the tabs always stick well, and they don't let whatever liquids they happen to be holding seep out through the outer layer, like some more expensive brands do.

Secondly, I am thankful for Velcro. Velcro makes getting shoes on our squirmy children's feet seem almost easy. Notice I said almost.

Thirdly, I am thankful for claymation. A great deal of children's videos utilize the art of claymation, and I am thankful that all of these clay-based videos do a wonderful job of holding my kids' attentions so well that you would think that the Wife and I had spawned a brood of zombie children. Not that we let them watch too many videos, but when we really need to get something done around the house, we can pop in a Bob the Builder, Little People, or some other claymation video, and know that the kids won't take their eyes off the screen for the next hour or so.

Of course, I have a million other things to be thankful for. I am so thankful for my amazing wife, the Wife, who is a perfect partner for me, as we hurtle through the craziness known as parenthood together. She always supports me when I write about the chaos in our house, even when I write about true facts.

And I am also so thankful that God gave us three wonderful kids. Sometimes it probably seems like I complain about them a lot, but that's just because the bad parts of parenting are funnier than the good parts. They really are great kids, whether I write that very often, or not.

If I was going to write about everything that I am thankful for, it would take forever. So, I'll leave it at that, other than to thank you, the readers of this blog. Way too much of my self-worth is based upon seeing the number of views of this blog go up, one by one. And it only does that when you read it.  So I thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment