Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Baby Can Talk!!!!......?

I don't want to be one of those parents who claim that their child is a genius, virtuoso, prodigy, or whatever else you want to call it. But, in this case, I can't help it! The Baby is all of those, and I've got a witness to prove it!

I was home with the Baby and the Boy this morning, and we were all just hanging out, playing and/or crawling around in the living room. The Boy was shooting baskets on our 4-foot high hoop, which I can dominate on, just so you know, and the Baby was sitting next to me, playing with the Boy's Scout toy.

For those of you don't know, Scout is a stuffed green dog that you can hook up to your computer, and download personalized sayings and songs with your kid's name in it. So, each of Scout's paws has a hidden button; if you push one of his paws Scout will say something about your child, such as "The Boy likes broccoli. I like broccoli, too." If you push another paw, Scout will sing one of several short songs that includes your child's name in it. Another button does something else, and the fourth button turns Scout off.

Well, I was pushing random buttons on Scout for the Baby's amusement. She was giggling and cooing during the songs, just having a great time.

Then, it happened. We got to the end of one of the songs, a song which ended with Scout saying the Boy's name. As Scout said the Boy's name, the Baby made a noise that sounded exactly like the Boy's name, too! It was uncanny. And the Boy noticed it, as well. He looked at me and said "Baby said me!" (Before you get after me for his poor grammar, remember he's only 2.) I looked at him, and said "Baby did say you, didn't she?!"

I was flabbergasted, but it was the Boy who wanted to recreate the moment, when he said, "Make Baby say me again!" But I had to admit that I didn't know how to make the Baby say him again. I didn't know how she had done it in the first place. The moment passed, and we all went back to playing with our respective toys. But, it's one of those moments which I will never forget - the moment I first knew my baby was a genius! 

No comments:

Post a Comment