Wednesday, November 21, 2012

This Baby is Slowly Killing Us...

OK, the title of this post might be a bit of an exaggeration, but only a small exaggeration. What is her problem, any way? Why doesn't she sleep through the night? Why can't she be a perfect baby like I remember our other two babies being? Why does my brain trick me into thinking our other babies were perfect? These and a myriad of other questions have been routinely popping into my head each of the last 4 or 5 nights, while up with the Baby at all hours, trying to get her to go back to sleep. Her lack of sleep, and the resulting lack of sleep for the Wife and me, are driving us to the brink.

Sure, she's been sick. But a little sniffle shouldn't be making her wake up, screaming, multiple times each night. And, as soon as we get her out of her crib, the screaming stops, so it can't be that there is a major health concern we should be checking out. I think she's just an ornery human being, and I don't like it.

The Wife and I have just about had it up to here (imagine me pointing at my forehead) with her. Tonight, if we have more problems with her, we will be taking drastic measures. The Wife is planning on putting in ear plugs, and I am thinking about running away. Hey, at least it would be better than dying a slow death from baby-induced insomnia. I'll let you know how it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment