Friday, December 7, 2012

Update: 15 Days and Counting

A few days ago I wrote about how we are hosting my family's Christmas gathering this year, and how we only had 30 days to get the house clean and in a condition that would befit such an occasion, and I promised that I would have daily updates on how the cleaning process was going. I started it on that day by stating that, so far, we had done absolutely nothing as far as cleaning was concerned.

Well, I really had no intention of actually posting daily updates, probably because I knew there would be lots of days that we wouldn't get much, if anything, accomplished. And who wants to keep admitting, via such a public forum, that they are lazy? Not me.

But, to my astonishment, I have actually had several people ask me for updates. This fact blew my mind! People actually read and pay attention to what I write here. Will wonders never cease?

So, here is a quick update. First of all, I was informed by my better half that we are actually celebrating on December 22nd, three whole days before Christmas. If you are not good at math, that means that we have three less days to clean. This news was met with much wailing and gnashing of teeth by me, but I quickly got over the anxiety and got back to work being lazy.
This is an exact replica of the outfit I wear when I clean. I wonder how this guy found out about it...
No, we actually have gotten some good cleaning done around here. We cleaned up and re-organized all the toys in the basement, moving them out of the paper ream boxes they had been in, and into nice fabric bins we got at Target. The toy area was much more visually pleasing. That is, until the kids went down there and scattered everything around again. I guess it doesn't pay to clean up toys until the day of.

We've done a bunch of other cleaning, as well. I won't go into any more details, because I don't want to be the reason you fall asleep at your desk. Maybe I'll post some photos of our clean house when we get closer to Christmas. I may be too worn out to push the shutter button, though. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment