Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Very Public Apology


If you haven't already noticed, the name of this blog is Chaotic Kids & Clutter. I write a lot about our three chaotic kids, but not as much about the clutter. Maybe it's because I take more pride in my kids, no matter how chaotic they make life, than I do the clutter. Maybe I am, in fact, a little embarrassed about the clutter, despite the fact that I hype it incessantly when mentioning my blog to whoever will stand still long enough for me to do so. I don't know what the real reason is, but the clutter usually takes a back seat when it comes down to it. I am going to do my part to fix that right now.

Our garage is a mess. Not kind of a mess. Not just a little messy. It is a huge monstrosity of a mess. And, for the most part, I am to blame. Even though I have tried to organize it several times, when new things show up at our house, they just get thrown in there haphazardly. I would like to say that happens because, all of a sudden, I have to run in and save my screaming children from my other screaming children, and then I forget to go back out in the garage to put things where they should be. But, really, our screaming children are usually pretty good to our other screaming children, and, if I was going to be totally honest, they really don't scream all that much, any way. So, the real reason that the garage is a monstrosity of a mess must be that I am lazy.
If the police ever came and inspected our garage, I'm afraid they would put some of this stuff up, just to make sure nobody wandered in and got lost in the mess. That would be bad.
I guess I could use my kids as an excuse for my being lazy, but I still find time to do the things I want to do, like write this blog, so I probably shouldn't use that excuse. I'm just plain lazy.

This past fall, as the days were getting colder and colder, and the first hint of winter was getting closer and closer, I kept telling the Wife not to worry, I would definitely make time to go out and clean the garage, so we could get at least one car in there during the winter months. I was adamant. I was stubborn. And, I was wrong. I never did get out and clean the garage. It's still a huge mess. It's even worse than it was in the fall, since we have kept accumulating more stuff throughout the winter. Have you heard of Christmas? Christmas is the mortal enemy of a clean garage, at least in our house. No good.

So, since I did not get the garage cleaned in the fall, which has meant the poor Wife has had to drive around in a cold, snowy vehicle all winter, I would like to say a very heartfelt I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Sweetie, that I didn't get it cleaned, and I'm sorry I was so stubborn about it. I promise I will get it cleaned real soon. Or at least by next winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment