Monday, March 25, 2013

The Chaos is Moving

Now that there is a three-day-long break in the NCAA basketball tournament, I can focus my brain on other things, like writing on my blog. A couple of weeks ago my brain was turned to mush by the epic TV zombie drama, The Walking Dead, (you can read about it here), and now over the past few days it's been turned to mush by watching way too much basketball. I initially thought my poor gray matter would be spared being turned into mush, because we don't have cable, and I mistakenly thought that 3/4 of the games in the tourney could only be seen via cable. Somehow, I found out that all of the games, no matter which TV station they were being broadcast on, could be streamed online for free, so mush my brain became.

Today, there is no basketball, so my synapses have started to get fired up again, and, so far, the words are flowing quite freely through my fingertips and onto the keyboard. I'm sure you can hardly contain your excitement.

I'm sure a lot has happened around here since the last time I posted, but really, I have no idea what that could be - I've been too busy watching basketball to know. I would think the kids have probably done some cute/funny/aggravating things, but you'd have to ask the Wife. She would know.

Oh, there is one thing that has happened that I remember. I alluded to the fact a while back that there might be some big news happening around here (see Cryptic & Chaotic, from last week), and it's now official: The Hansons, and all of our chaos, are moving. Yes, we are willingly taking our current amount of chaos and multiplying it by approximately 1 billion, by trying to get our house in proper selling condition in the next 5 weeks or so. Usually it takes us at least 6 weeks to get up enough gumption to vacuum, so this is indeed a big undertaking.
Look out, we're moving! Stay out of our way!

We have decided to buy the Wife's parents' house, since they will soon be moving into the Wife's grandmother's old house. It's all very convoluted, but what it comes down to is that we have a lot of work to do, and not a lot of time to do it. So, there's a good chance that my propensity to blog will be diminished over the next few weeks. You may have to get by reading a handful of new blog posts every week, instead of the multitudes you are used to. For that, I apologize, unless this news makes you happy, in which case you are welcome. I'm sure I will have at least minimal updates about how the move is going. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment