Friday, March 8, 2013

Too Many Zombies

My brain hasn't been working too well lately. That's what happens when I let myself get sucked into a television series. I get all caught up in the excitement of the show, and then my brain doesn't work well enough on other things. I can't concentrate. I don't process information. I do things wrong at work. I can't think straight enough to write even the shortest of blog entries. No good.

That's what has happened over the past week or so. I got caught up in a TV show. A thrilling, suspenseful, edge-of-your-seat TV show called The Walking Dead on AMC. It's a riveting look at what life might be like if there was ever a zombie apocalypse. It's very realistic.

I never used to be a fan of zombie shows. Until a couple of years ago when I watched the movie Zombieland with Woody Harrelson and the guy from the movie about facebook. Zombieland is more of a happy-go-lucky look at a zombie apocalypse. The Walking Dead is not nearly as happy-go-lucky. In fact, it would probably be better described as frightening-go-scaredy. But, it's even more riveting than Zombieland, and I can't get enough of it.

I know that my brain will seize up when I let myself get sucked into a TV show. It always does. I tried not to let myself watch The Walking Dead, but it was to no avail. I caught a glimpse of it while I was supposed to be doing other things, and I was instantly hooked. The Wife and I have been watching at least a couple of episodes a night for the past week or so. I've got it bad.
This is a photo of Andrew Lincoln playing the lead role of Officer Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead. If this had been a scene from my dream, that would be a photo of me. Photo by Scott Garfield, courtesy of AMCtv.com
It's even gotten to the point that I've dreamed about the show. In my dream, I played the stoic, and even slightly handsome, lead character. I used my cunning and intellect to keep my adoring family out of harm's way. It was a good dream.

In real life, my brain has become so filled with zombies that I'm surprised I remember how to tie my shoe. It's a miracle I remember to feed myself. And who knows what the kids have been up to for the past week. I'm sure they'll be fine until we finish watching season 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment