Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Change

There is a lot of change going on in my life. It's kind of weird to think about, but so far, it hasn't seemed to make me too upset. Some people don't do change very well; I seem to be kind of an enigma when it comes to change - sometimes it can bother me, but usually it's not really a big deal. I don't know what the deciding factor is that determines if it upsets me or not, but for now, I seem to be handling it all pretty well.

As you may know, we are feverishly trying to get our house in prime selling condition, and then move into my in-laws' old house. Not only is this an enormous amount of work, but it will bring about a lot of change to our lives. I have lived in the eastern suburbs of St. Paul pretty much my whole life, and now we will be living very close to the outer reaches of Minneapolis. There will be a lot more people around, and it will take us more than 4 minutes to get out into the "country", which is about how long it takes us now. Our new street should prove to be far quieter than the street we've been on for the past 7 years, though, so that will be nice. I'm sure I will get used to it all.

I recently wrote about another change that is happening - the fact that my boss is retiring from the fly shop that I have worked at for the past 11 years. A new owner is coming in, so there is bound to be some change there, although what that change will be is still to be determined. Right now, the main change will be that I won't be seeing and laughing with my old boss nearly as much any more. I'm going to miss that.

There's still more change happening, too. I have been the Editor of a monthly trout-themed newsletter for the past 6 years. I have had a lot of fun doing it, but lately I have found myself not having as much time as I would like to be able to devote to it, so I have decided to give up my editorial duties and let someone else take over. Last week I laid out my last issue, and right now I am in the middle of stamping it and getting it ready to mail. Actually, I'm not going to miss the stamping part of it too much. That can get a little monotonous. But I will miss doing the lay-out and working with all the kind people who were nice enough to send in article submissions. It was a lot of fun.

There's also always the constant change that happens when you have 3 small children in the house. I won't go into it too much, but now all three of them are walking, meaning they are all able to get into things with much more ease. Mommy and I have to have our guards up at all times. But, I guess that's really not new. We've been dealing with the chaos for 4 years now, so I think we can handle it. Change is just a normal part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment