Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bad Timing

My timing has been off lately, and I can't seem to get it back on track. Maybe' it's just the way it's going to be from now on. I guess I could get used to having bad timing, if I have to.

My timing might be off in all facets of life, but it really shows itself on the two mornings each week that I take the Girl to preschool. Her preschool is attached to another school, which, by the looks of it, specializes in teaching juvenile delinquents, but that's a rant for another day. The part of the building that the preschool is in isn't real close to the main parking lot, so most of us preschool parents park in the special drop-off zone that is on the street right outside the main doors. It's usually quite convenient, since this drop-off zone is pretty much just for us.

The problem for me lately has been that, no matter when we show up for drop-off, all the parking spots in the drop-off zone are full. So I have to park near the far end of the building, and then spend great amounts of energy herding the Girl, the Boy, and the Baby back down to the entry doors. Then, after getting the Girl all situated in her classroom, the Boy, the Baby and I head back outside, and we always see that, miraculously, all the cars in the drop-off zone are gone! Our lonely minivan is all by itself, way at the other end of the building. If we had arrived a minute later, we could have parked right in front of the doors, and my herding of children would have been that much easier.

This has been the normal scene outside the Girl's preschool lately. No good. Photo courtesy of mottolicious.com
This has happened every time we have gone to school for at least a month or more. I have tried everything I can think of, which, when I write it down, doesn't seem like all that much: We pretty much just leave the house a little later each morning, in hopes that our timing will finally be right, all the other parents will already be gone, and we can finally get a parking spot close to the door. But, for some reason, that doesn't seem to be working. Even though we get there later and later, there still aren't any close parking spots. It's almost like all the other parents are conspiring against me...hmm.

I guess I could do the opposite, and try to leave the house a little earlier each day, to try and beat all the other parents to school. That would probably mean I would have to get out of bed earlier, though, wouldn't it?

...That seems a little harsh, so I guess I'm OK with my timing the way it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment