Monday, May 6, 2013

Odd Fact of the Day

Not that anyone cares to know even more about me than they already know, but I am about to disclose my very first Scott's Odd Fact of the Day. Most of my friends know that I am a huge jumble of odd facts, weird quirks, and useless what-have-you's, and, as my friend, Mo, would say, I am possibly the strangest person you may ever come across. So it behooves me (whatever that means!) to write about one of those weird quirks, just to let all of you reader(s) know me a little better.

Here is the very first Scott's Odd Fact of the Day:

I am completely unable, no matter how hard I try, to get myself to write or highlight in any of my books. There, I said it. I can't do it. I can not get myself to deface the written word, no matter how much I want to.  I see other people openly highlighting and scribbling in their books, and I become unequivocally jealous of their freewheeling, devil-may-care mastery of this art. I yearn to be able to do it. I ache when thinking about how freeing it would be to jot down important thoughts and highlight meaningful snippets of prose that I would like to be able to find again at a moment's notice. I make attempt after attempt at doing so, but each time my pen or highlighter gets close, my hand gives way. It's a terrible curse, or at least it's slightly odd. Maybe some day I will finally find a way to fulfill this dream.
I can't do this, no matter how hard I try. I know, it's weird, isn't it?

OK, that is my first Scott's Odd Fact of the Day. If you want to find out more odd facts, just keep reading this blog. More are bound to turn up, sooner or later. Whether anybody wants that or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment