Thursday, October 31, 2013

Top 5 1970s Wuss Rock Songs

I haven't done a Top 5 or Top 10 list in a while, but now I think it's about time to do so. I am a fan of music. I can find the good in almost all types of music: from disco to heavy metal; from new age to country; and from rap to grunge, I can find songs that really resonate with me.

Lately, for some reason, I have been hungering for the manliest of manly musical styles, 1970s' Wuss Rock. If you aren't familiar with 70s' Wuss Rock, it was a movement within pop music back in the 70s in which dudes wrote the sappiest guitar ballads they could think of, usually about lost love, a missing pet, or a rainbow or sunset they saw on the way home. If you can imagine a musical genre that contained negative testosterone levels, that would be 70s' Wuss Rock. But, some of the songs are so catchy that they have the ability to dig deep into your cerebral cortex and make a permanent home in your mind's jukebox. At least, that's what happens to me.

So, I have chosen the most addictive songs from the Wuss Rock genre, and have loaded up the links for you to listen to. Maybe you don't agree that these are the Top 5 Wuss Rock songs...Maybe you have others that I missed...Maybe you want to load up all of these songs and set them on fire...I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Let me know what you think. Here they are, the Top 5 1970s Wuss Rock songs, in no particular order:

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment