Monday, January 6, 2014

It's The "It's Time To Name The Baby" Contest!!

The Baby is getting old. She's pretty much not a baby any more, despite the crying and whining that often emanate from her. She walks. She dances. She says several words. She brushes her own tooth. She puts other people's overly large shoes on her toddler-sized feet and hobbles around the house for everyone's enjoyment. She really isn't a baby. If you need more proof, take a gander at her birth certificate, and you will see that, within a couple of months, she will officially be a bonafide 2-year-old. So, at least for the sake of this blog, I think it's time to stop calling her "the Baby".

But what should I call her? Even at home, in real life, she responds to being called "Baby". The other two kids call her "Baby" all the time. If you ask her "What's your name?" she will pat herself on the tummy and proudly proclaim "Baby!!".

So, how should I refer to her here on the ol' blog? I already have somebody playing the role of the Girl. And, not only do we also have somebody playing the Boy, but the Baby has all the wrong tiddly bits for that role... I thought about "the Toddler", but the other two are still kind of toddlers, too, aren't they? Maybe not. I don't know.

I am at a loss, so I need your help in deciding what I will call her. If you have any ideas (good or bad) about what I should start to call the Baby as she continues to change from baby form into full-fledged human, let me know.

Send in all your ideas, either as a comment on this blog, or on facebook, or send me an email. All of the entries will be meticulously scrutinized by a totally partisan, completely biased panel of judge (me). Whoever comes up with the winning entry will win some kind of really cool, yet-to-be-determined swag that may or may not have a monetary value of somewhere between 1 cent and 1 billion dollars. The contest will run until the end of the month, or until her birthday, or until I choose a winner. You never know, so get your entries in soon. Thank you for your help!

6 comments:

  1. I think "Sweetie" would be appropriate!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your entry, Anonymous. Now, say that yours was chosen as the winner, how would I ever get you your swag? Hmmmmmmmm?

      Delete
  2. Tiny Dancer, or Bigfoot, since she likes to dance and wear oversized shoes. Or Bigfoot Dancer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your entries, Heather. They will all be scrutinized, but right now I would say "Bigfoot Dancer" has the best odds of any of your nominations. :)

      Delete
  3. She's still your baby, right? I say continue with baby... unless you're having another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Laura, you are treading on this ice with that "having another" comment... I will take your nomination for "Baby" under advisement. Thank you for your entry! :)

      Delete