Friday, March 28, 2014

Sneaking Around Behind Our Backs...

That Girl of ours is a sneaky one, I tell you what!

Let me paint the scene for you... First off, it is imperative to know that both of our daughters, the Girl and the Little One, recently celebrated birthdays, their 5th and 2nd, respectively. Because of this they both received birthday cards in the mail from one of my cousins. If my cousin, who shall remain nameless, happens to be reading this right now, we always have intentions of sending thank-you notes, but it almost never happens, so I will say "Thank you!" from both of the girls right here. It was a very generous and thoughtful thing to do. You are the best!

So, both of the girls got a very nice card and a nifty monetary gift from my not-to-be-named cousin. The Little One doesn't have the first clue about money or what it is good for, so we had no problem taking it and putting it in her savings account. The Girl, on the other hand, does know what money is all about, although she hasn't totally grasped how much things are worth or how to make change. I think she has plenty of time to learn those things.

The Girl does know the cost of one thing, however, and apparently she can tell how much a bill is worth by looking at the number printed on it. I know that because she told the Wife the other morning that she knew what she was going to buy with her new-found birthday money. When the Wife asked her what she was going to get, the Girl told her "a sandwich at Subway, because they say '5, 5 dollar, 5 dollar footlong'..." I am thinking that, perhaps, she is sneaking around, watching TV behind our backs. The only thing I can come up with is that it must be when she is at one of the babysitter's houses, because we never watch TV at our house...
Perhaps the Girl learned about the 5 Dollar Footlong song from this statue of Jesus, but I kind of doubt it...

No comments:

Post a Comment