Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Career Change?

I just got home from picking up the two oldest kids from their last day of preschool for the year, and I gotta say, I started thinking it might be time for me to change careers from whatever it is I do to a preschool teacher. Everybody was loving on those teachers! They were getting hugs from everyone, and the gifts! Oh my, the gifts! Every student gave every teacher at least a card, which I can only assume was filled with wads of money, and most also were giving wrapped gifts, potted plants, or enormous hanging baskets. I wouldn't be surprised if some parents slipped the teachers the keys to a new sports car. Not that I am too envious of the plants, but if I was a preschool teacher I would be all about the gifts, cards full of cash, or new car! I wouldn't even be very fussy about the color...

I was all ready to send in my application to preschool teacher school, when I realized why all those gifts were being doled out. It's because all the parents were so happy that anyone would take their kids off their hands for 2.5 hours a day, 2 or 3 times a week, 9 months out of the year. Parents will do pretty much anything if there's a slight chance that someone out there would be willing to let them get a couple hours of peace and quiet. The Wife and I are the same way. We love our peace and quiet, and I think maybe we took it for granted this school year...Makes me think maybe we didn't give the kids' teachers a big enough gift. Anyone know where we could get 4 sports cars real cheap? I'm hoping the color doesn't matter...

No comments:

Post a Comment