Friday, May 2, 2014

The Nerve of Some People...

Let me lay out the scenario here... For those of you who don't already know, the Wife and I work at the same place. She is one of the owners, so things are pretty flexible for us, which allows the Wife to work from home four days a week. Along with working from home on those days, she also has to deal with at least some, if not all, of our crazy kids. So, obviously, I don't envy her at all.

I go to work on those four days. Wednesdays, however, the table is turned, sort of, and the Wife goes to work while I stay home. I would say that nobody should envy me on those days, you know, to make it seem like I have it rough, but to be honest, I drop the Little One off at her grandma's house every Wednesday morning, and then I take the two older ones, the Girl and the Boy, to preschool. I have the entire morning free to do whatever I want. I would like to say that my afternoons are worse, but I pick the two preschoolers up from school, and then drop them off at the aforementioned grandma's house, so I have my Wednesday afternoons free, too. Granted, I usually do a bunch of work in, on and/or around our house on those days, but at least I don't have to watch the kids!

Except, that is, for the next three weeks, when I do have to watch the kids. Grandma and grandpa snuck out of town and went on a three week-long cruise. Can you believe it? The nerve of some people! How can they expect me to have to look after my own kids for three straight Wednesdays?! It's incomprehensible how rude some people can be, isn't it? Grandparents who leave town and make me watch my own kids are the worst...

On a totally unrelated note, they don't have wi-fi on cruise ships, do they? Just wondering...
Look at them all - happy, full of delicious cruise food, and mocking me because I have to stay here and take care of my kids. How rude!

No comments:

Post a Comment