Thursday, May 1, 2014

Throwback Thursday, or How the Wife and I Really Met

The Wife and I met when we were both in our late 20s, but we've always wondered if our paths had crossed at an earlier point in life without our realizing it at the time. We worked just a couple of miles from each other. We frequented many of the same restaurants. Her dad even shopped at the store I worked at. It would have been almost impossible for us to not have run into each other at some point.

I have imagined how it probably went, many times. I had walked down the mall to the China Buffet with my friends and co-workers Mo, Ge and David. The Wife had also come to the China Buffet with one or two of her co-workers. She and I probably were in the buffet line at the same time, and maybe I even moved out of the way so she could get a scoop of the delicious chicken lo mein. Perhaps our eyes met, and she mouthed the words "Thank you" to me as we passed. Then I went back to my table and told the guys about the hot chick I talked to in line, and she went back to her table and forgot all about me. Turns out I don't have that expansive of an imagination...

Now I finally have proof that we did meet at an earlier age. I was leafing through some old photos, looking for something to post for Throwback Thursday, when I came across the doozy below. It's photographic proof that we met when we were babies.

That's me with the towel/underwear on my head, and that's the Wife in the little bouncy seat thing. It seems weird that, despite my younger age, I am the giant baby crawling around, and she is the one that seems like she is just a month or two old. Yet, photographs don't lie, so we need to assume it's a fact. Finally, my vivid imagination can take a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment