Monday, January 12, 2015

I Feel Lighter Already

I have started to lose weight in the new year, and I haven't changed a single thing about my diet or my (lack of) exercise. I still drink way too much pop (that's Minnesotan for "soda"), I still graze on food all day long, and I still hardly ever get up off my tush, yet every time I leave my house I weigh about 5 pounds lighter than I have for the last 6 years. It's awesome!
This scale shows about what I weighed when I graduated from high school. That was more than 60 pounds ago...

You may be wondering what my secret is. It's easy, all you have to do is have three kids in rapdfire succession, and then one day, when the youngest is somewhere around, oh, 2-and-a-half or 3 years old, much like the Little One is in our family, a miracle will happen: he or she will suddenly be potty trained, and you won't have to carry a five pound diaper bag around with you wherever you go. That is what has happened with us over the past couple of weeks, and it's pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

We haven't left our house without a diaper bag for almost 6 years, ever since the Girl was born, since we have had at least one, sometimes two, thankfully never three, kids in diapers every day since then. By my calculations, that means we have been carrying around a diaper bag for the past 4 billion days. Sometimes I thought it would never end...

But, the miracle has happened, the Little One is about 95% potty trained, only needing to wear a diaper at nighttime, so we can go out any time we want, and there's no need to bring that annoying diaper bag with any more. Other than the fact that I am walking a little lopsided without that extra 5 pounds hanging off my right shoulder, it's pretty sweet. Maybe if we can get rid of the bags of toys I am always lugging around on my left shoulder, I will someday walk upright like a normal human again. Is it preposterous to wish for two miracles in one lifetime...?

No comments:

Post a Comment