Saturday, February 7, 2015

Daddy-Daughter Dance, 2015 Version

I just got home from taking our two girls, the Girl and the Little One, to the annual Daddy-Daughter Dance at my sister's church. I believe this was the fourth time that the Girl and I went, but it was the first time for the Little One. In previous years she has been too ornery to merit an invite. This was the first year that she seemed ready, and it was also the first year that I seemed ready to handle both girls at once. We had a wonderful time, without a single meltdown, brouhaha or tantrum, by any of us, which might be the first time that's happened since before we had kids... Let's take a look at some of the fun, shall we?

The above photo was the three of us hanging out before the festivities began, in front of the giant fake waterfall that had been constructed on the premises. The theme for the dance was "Tropical Paradise", or something like that. I must not have been paying attention too well because I don't remember for sure. I know that they were selling leis, but I was adamant that I wasn't going to shell out my hard earned money on cheap plastic flowers.

As you can see from this photo, the Girl has her lei wrapped around her head. She did that herself, and I thought it looked pretty cute. The Little One had given her lei to me at this point, since it was much too big for her 2-year-old body. The other child in this photo is the Cousin.

The next bunch of photos were from when my kids went out on the dance floor before the actual dancing portion of the evening had started. That's why there aren't many other daddies or daughters around. I stayed back at our table and finished stuffing my face with the delicious dinner they fed us, but my kids' dance moves were so awesome I thought I better snap a few pics. For some reason they are all very blurry, but I think it adds to the craziness of the moves...
I am very proud of their dance moves, which they obviously learned from watching their Daddy dance around the house. Even the one where the Little One is lifting her dress up over her head looks a lot like what Daddy has been known to do, but I won't go into that here.

We all had way more fun at the dance than we were expecting, probably because of the no meltdowns, brouhahas and tantrums. We are already talking about going back next year. I better start teaching them some more dance moves!


No comments:

Post a Comment