Monday, February 16, 2015

News of the Day

A few weeks back I wrote about how I had lost about 5 pounds, just by not having to carry around the diaper bag that had been a fixture on my shoulder for the past (almost) 6 years. (Read about it HERE). Well, aside from the fact that I have already gained those 5 pounds back by eating too much, all day every day, I have some more news related to the Little One being 95% potty trained. She is now 100% potty trained (except for what I am sure will be the occasional accident which, let's face it, we all have from time to time)!

Yup, through her broken English (which is another thing we're working on), she told us the other night that she wanted to wear her underwear to bed instead of her diaper. The Wife and I figured that A.The Little One's wanting to be potty trained is 98% of the battle, so if she's ready, let's try it; and B.That we already were going to do laundry that day so what's a few more sheets? So, we let her do it, and are ecstatic to announce that she made it through the night and the only thing that got wet was her pillow from her drool (She is my daughter, after all).

To celebrate the momentous occasion, we shipped both her and her sister, the Girl, over to their grandparents' for a sleepover the next night. I haven't heard if the Little One made it through the night dry over there, and frankly, I don't want to know. I just hope Grandma was already planning on doing laundry today, if you know what I mean...

In other Little One-related news, I have often written on here about how she was the most ornery baby in the history of the world, but then started to slowly get more and more bearable after she turned two, and how most of the time now she is just the sweetest little girl you would ever want to meet. Well, her ornery side showed itself yesterday at church, in the form of screaming at the top of her lungs, crying like a mimmy-jimmy, and thrashing about both in my arms and on the floor. Everyone at church seemed to have forgotten how she used to be, because people came rushing out of classrooms, sanctuaries, and even bathrooms wondering what the ruckus was all about. People seemed flabbergasted that such a sweet little girl could throw such a tantrum. The Wife and I just looked at each other and laughed. It was quite the display, I must say. Took us back to the bad ol' days when tantrums like that were a several-times-a-day kinda thing. Ah, memories!
I don't know who the artist of this rendering is, but they pretty much nailed what the Little One looked like at church yesterday. I even think she was wearing those exact undies. It's uncanny...

No comments:

Post a Comment