Thursday, April 23, 2015

My Love Affair With the Bathroom Fan

I love the fans in our bathrooms. And, apparently, I'm not ashamed to say it, although I've never actually said the words to anyone before. Now that I think about that first sentence in today's blog, the more I think maybe I shouldn't write any more. Perhaps this blog will finally prove that I have gone off the deep end. I guess it had to happen some time...Oh well, might as well keep writing and see how deep a hole I get myself into to.

Yes, I love our bathroom fans. The rest of the house is filled with kids, none of whom have developed an "Inside Voice" despite years and years of my trying to teach them to have one. These kids can be loud, and the loudness can happen at any time of the day or night. It is very difficult to get away from the loudness. And dropping everything and moving to Iowa is not an option. Besides, who would want to live in Iowa?

So, I have found that the best way to get away from the din is to go into one of our bathrooms and turn the fan on. Those beautiful spinning blades create the most wonderful whir I have ever heard, only because it completely drowns out any noise that might be coming from outside the bathroom.  That whir creates my own little oasis away from the noise. I can lose myself in there for hours, or at least what seems like hours to the Wife. She is not nearly the fan of our fans that I am...

So, yes, it might seem weird to everyone on the planet, including me, but I love our bathroom fans. I just hope that my other mistress, the lock on our bedroom door, doesn't get jealous...


No comments:

Post a Comment