Sunday, June 7, 2015

1, 2, 3, 4, I Declare a Baby War...

If there's one thing I've learned in the past 6-and-a-half years of being a parent, it's that thinking and talking about my getting fixed accomplishes nothing... Yes, I am exasperated to announce that we here at Chaotic Kids & Clutter are expecting even more chaos, more clutter, and one more kid. Actually, it's just the Wife who is expecting to have the kid, but we both are expecting sleepless nights, lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth, and copious amounts of kicking and screaming. And then in a few months the baby will be born!

If you haven't already figured it out, the Wife and I were not overly excited to find out we were having another baby. For one thing, our kids have all been out of diapers for at least several months, and we have gotten used to not carrying around a diaper bag anymore. For another thing, we already gave all of our newborn, 0-6 month, 6-9 month, 9-12 month, and 12-18 month girl clothes to our niece who just had a baby a couple of months ago. If our baby is a girl, either we will have to go out and buy all new clothes for her, or sneak into our niece's house and steal all of our old clothes back, which is by far the more likely scenario. And for the last reason we were not all that excited to be having another baby now is that the Wife and I are WAY TOO OLD TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY!! We will both be well over 41 when the baby arrives, and a quick check of the history books will show that we will be the oldest parents of a newborn in the history of the world! We aren't ready for that kind of notoriety.

But despite all of these reasons, God apparently had different plans for us, and we are indeed having another baby, in lieu of our advanced geriatric ages. Our current kids, the Girl, the Boy, and the Little One, are all very excited, so that's fun. Almost everyone else we've told is quite excited too. I guess, if you ask us at the right time, we are starting to get a little excited, as well. I probably should be ecstatic, since just the other day I was thinking about how I haven't had many good ideas for blog subjects lately. Well, buckle up people! There's gonna be a slew of blog posts in the next few years! Just what you've always wanted...

Well, I guess it's obvious that this is our baby...I can't wait to find out if it's a girl or a boy!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! ....and more importantly, thanks for the reminder to talk to my doc about getting snipped. I've been putting that off for a while now. .... I don't need any more blog material. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! ....and more importantly, thanks for the reminder to talk to my doc about getting snipped. I've been putting that off for a while now. .... I don't need any more blog material. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jesse! Happy to help with the reminder. Consider this your first and last reminder from me...I hope...

    ReplyDelete