Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Toby vs. Albert

Don't ask me why, but a couple of nights ago I had the crazy idea that our yippy-but-friendly dog, Toby, is a lot like Albert Einstein. Later that same evening, whilst sleeping, I had a dream in which America's most beloved game show host, Pat Sajak, said the "F" word during America's most beloved game show, Wheel of Fortune. In my dream I seemed to be the only person who thought it was odd that Pat would do such a thing, and it made the dream version of me wonder if I actually heard what he had said. So the dream me got on my dream computer, and looked up ol' Mr. Sajak on the dream version of wikipedia. Lo and behold, according to wikipedia, despite being America's most beloved game show host, dream Pat Sajak oftentimes slips little swear words into the telecast, much to the delight of the viewers. Who would have known? And who else, other than me, would have such an odd scenario deep in the bowels of my dream world? Nobody, that's who.

I tell the story about swearing Pat Sajak to illustrate just how weird my brain can be, and to help show why I might have come across the epiphany that Toby is a lot like Albert Einstein. Originally the idea entered my mind when I looked at Toby's hair, so let's start with that. As you can see from the photo below, Toby's hair and Albert's hair are pretty much identical. Both of them could use a haircut, that's for sure. Toby's hair is soft and fun to pet when it's this long, and I'm sure Albert's probably was, too.
Albert and Toby

Toby and Einstein have other peculiar similarities, as well. For one, Einstein is famous for his failed Entwurf Theory, in which he theorized that the equations of motion were supplemented by additional gauge fixing conditions. When Toby gets a piece of his dry dog food stuck in his throat, he often makes a noise that sounds a lot like "entwurf!".

Einstein wrote extensively about wormholes, which, as the aforementioned wikipedia defines, are "a hypothetical topological feature that would fundamentally be a shortcut through spacetime. A wormhole is much like a tunnel with two ends, each in separate points in spacetime." Toby has had worms.

I could go on and on about how my dog is almost exactly like Albert Einstein, but I wouldn't want you and your dog to get jealous, so I will leave it at that. Maybe in the near future I will write about how my other dog, Gromit, was the inspiration for the Ewoks in all those Star Wars movies. Let me know when your dog can handle it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment