Monday, October 12, 2015

Let's Rewind...

Remember my last blog post, where I wrote about being all sad and depressed because my family had left me and how I couldn't wait for them to come home and how all I was going to do while they were gone was sit around and eat pizzas and ice cream and how I was wallowing in self pity? I would like to redact that blog from the records and possibly even have it expunged, if anyone can actually tell me what "expunge" means...

Everyone got home safe and sound last night, and it was very exciting to see them all. We hugged, we gave high fives, we laughed... It was a very nice evening having everyone home.

Then, this morning happened. I woke up to much wailing and gnashing of teeth being performed by the Little One. Apparently she felt as though she had been wronged by one of her siblings. Things escalated from there. Both the wailing and the gnashing were multiplied at least a hundredfold, and moved from one child to the next to the next, and finally to Daddy. It was a rough morning for everyone involved, but finally they all got on their respective buses and headed off to school, most of them with tears and/or frowns still on their faces. I, now, am safe and sound, fully ensconced in my office at work, eating pizzas and ice cream. I wonder when their next weekend road trip will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment