Thursday, December 10, 2015

Our Apologies...

If you have lost count, like I do sometimes, we currently have four children, three of which are in school. The Girl is in 1st Grade, the Boy is in Kindergarten, and the Little One is in Preschool two days a week and Speech Class two days a week. And none of them ever ride the same bus. Which means, at this time of year, we have approximately 4,000 teachers, aides, and bus drivers to buy Christmas presents for. I don't want to make it sound like I am complaining about that. Really! I think they all do an outstanding job of teaching our kids, expanding their horizons, and giving the Wife and me from 4 to 8 hours of silence everyday (although now that we have the Baby in the house, the Wife gets almost no silence...Sorry honey!) And I am happy to give all these people a little something for Christmas. I just want to send out an apology to anybody we may have forgotten to get something for. With all these schools and buses and other learning-related activities, I am sure we have forgotten someone. So, if we forgot you, and you happen to be reading this, please accept our apologies. We will try to do better next year, but we probably won't, so I apologize for that too.

For some unknown reason, all this thinking about getting teachers gifts has brought up a nagging question that has lurked in my brain for decades, yet I always forget to ask...Are you supposed to leave a tip at a Chinese buffet? I mean, I get all my food, but there are servers who clean up after me and bring me my pop as soon as my glass is empty. Am I supposed to tip them? How about when I pick up take-out food? I never know what the proper thing to do is. Please, somebody let me know! And, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment