Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Ten Days

The Baby is 10 days old today. It's weird to think that, for the previous 3-and-a-half years, our little family of 5 was as perfect a group as we could possibly hope for despite the way I write about it here on the ol' blog, and yet now that we've added another, it somehow seems even more perfect. But perfect is perfect, right? There aren't differing grades of perfect, yet that's what seems to have happened when we turned from 5 into 6. I can't describe it any better, and I don't really want to get all mushy and ruin my reputation as a burly man, so I'll just let it go at that.

In other things, life around the house has gotten at least one fifth more chaotic than it used to be, as you can probably understand. At first the Baby was sleeping very well at night, or at least that's what I was told when I woke up in the mornings, but lately she's been sleeping better during the day than at night. Again, I can't actually vouch for that myself, but my source is very reliable, despite her choice in men. She (the Baby) better figure it out quickly, I tell you what!

The rest of the kids seem to have accepted the Baby as a full-fledged member of the family, although we'll see if that changes once she's mobile and verbal. It's the mobile and verbal kids who can get under their sibling's skin the most, I have figured out. And the Wife says I don't notice things...
The Baby, sleeping like the proverbial baby, and she's got her clothes on, so this is obviously during the day instead of at night. She better figure out her days and nights soon, or there's gonna be trouble...



No comments:

Post a Comment