Saturday, December 19, 2015

Yes, Dear...

I just found yet another reason why it is always good for me to listen to the Wife. It's a bitterly cold day here in the Northland, and my main goal for the day was to stay inside and sit in front of the space heater we have in our TV/computer/dining room. The three older kids were already at their Aunt and Uncle's house, and the Wife was going to take the Baby out to do some Christmas shopping. So my plan to do nothing seemed like a slam-dunk. But then, right before the Wife left, she said, "Maybe you could pick up some of the dog poop...". Ugh.

But, of course, how could I say no to the woman who has birthed all four of our children? So, eventually, I went outside to pick up some dog poop, which there was plenty of. You know what? I'm really glad I did! With enough clothing and my heavy winter coat, it wasn't too cold out there. And the poop was nice and frozen, meaning it picked up nicely, and didn't have any lingering oderifousness, if you know what I mean. I got the whole yard picked up in about 15 minutes, I got some sunshine to help defeat the Shack Nasties that are bound to hit during the dead of winter, I had a nice talk with our next door neighbor, and now the yard will be just that much less nasty next spring. What could be better? Nothing! Always listen to the Wife...

No comments:

Post a Comment