Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Guess The Lie

OK y'alls, it's time for another game here on the ol' blog. This time there will be a fabulous prize and everything. Here's how to play:

The game is called Guess The Lie. There will be a bunch of true statements about me, along with one lie. You need to figure out what statement is the lie. You can respond with your guess as a comment here on the blog, or you can email it to us at shanson1974@gmail.com or you can leave it as a comment on facebook, or you can even tweet it at me, although I really am not that good of a twitter user, so I may not realize what's going on if you do that.

At the end of one week, otherwise known as January 27th, 2016, everyone who gets the right answer will go into a drawing, in which one person will win a fabulous gift card to their choice of one of the following awesome stores: Target, Walmart, Cabelas, Caribou Coffee, or ebay. If there are any disputes, a very handsome Panel of Judge (me) will determine the proper outcome of said dispute. If you have any questions, let me know, otherwise, put on whatever thinking cap you can find that will help you think like me, and give it your best shot. Here we go!


1. Even though I have played thousands, if not millions, of rounds of golf, I have never gotten a hole-in-one.

2. I have never seen the movie Titanic.

3. I prefer sliced bananas over whole bananas.

4. During the past 12 times I have been pulled over for speeding, I have not received a single speeding ticket.

5. I am both a Vikings fan and a Packers fan.

6. Despite being an avid fly fisherman, I have never seen the entirety of A River Runs Through It.

7. I consider Bruce Willis to be the coolest movie star ever.

8. While fishing, I have caught exactly one tiger trout, which is the unlikely, naturally-occurring mix of a brook trout and a brown trout.

9. I prefer whole black olives to sliced black olives.

10. I have never been to Valley Fair.

11. My best 9-hole score in golf is a 3-under-par 33 on the front nine at Clifton Hollow GC in River Falls, WI.

12. My favorite color is Forest Green.

13. In dress shoes, my shoe size is 10.5, but in tennis shoes I wear size 12.

14. I don't know how many fly rods I currently own.

15. I have eaten an entire bloomin' onion by myself in one sitting at Outback Steakhouse.

OK, I think that's enough about me. Go through this entire post with a fine-tooth comb and try to figure out what the one lie is. I look forward to hearing your answers. I will announce the winner next week. Good luck!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all could be true for you so, I'll take a guess with #14. I bet you know exactly how many you have. Also forest green is my favorite color, you better not be lying about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your entry into the contest, Mr. Outdoorsman! Keep watching to find out who wins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3 because sliced bananas are slimy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a little slimy, aren't they? But is that good or bad, in my mind...? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

      Delete