Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Proud Daddy Moment

I usually try to stay pretty humble, except of course when I am writing on the ol' blog. Or when I am texting. Or when I am emailing. Or when I am talking to you face to face... OK, maybe I need to work on that whole humility thing. I will do that later. But, for now, I need to tell you about what might be my greatest accomplishment.

Some fool, who shall remain nameless, found himself strolling through the toy aisles of his local Target yesterday. If you have never done that this time of year, right after Christmas, you probably don't realize how many awesome toys they have on clearance, just waiting for some foolish dad to come by and think "Hey, that looks like something the kids might like to have/do/play with for five minutes before they move on to something else..."

The toy that ended up at our house yesterday was a 3D puzzle of a minion, one of those strange, yellow, cylindrical characters from the movies. I believe this minion's name is Stuart. Anyway, Stuart the 3D puzzle arrived at our house, and all three of our vocal children wanted to put it together instantly. The Baby didn't care that much...

Being the good daddy that I am, I told the kids "Sure, why not? Let's do it!" after dinner was over. I'm glad I waited til after dinner, because I needed all the energy I could muster to get that thing put together. Have you ever put together one of those 3D puzzles? It's almost impossible. All the parts look the same. The instructions aren't clear. The little tab things that get pushed into Slot A all bend or break off all-together. It was a lesson in futility, that's for sure.

But I am proud to say that after two days and just a few pieces of tape, Stuart the Minion is finally complete. Oh, but that's not what I am most proud of. What I am most proud of is that, throughout the whole ordeal, I didn't swear in front of the kids even once, and I refrained from drinking copious amounts of alcohol, which I very much wanted to do. Yay me!

 The completed "Stuart the Minion" puzzle. I hate him...



No comments:

Post a Comment