Monday, May 9, 2016

To My Kids, In About 20 Years...

I think it's safe to assume that, when my kids are in their 20s, they will have nothing better to do with their lives than go back and read all of their dad's goofy blog posts that he wrote when they were kids. Nothing could be more exciting for a young adult, in the prime of their life, than to sit down and read the hundreds of posts that good old Dad filled with pages and pages of jibberjabbery nonsense for no other reason than to make himself laugh. Well, if my visions of the future become reality, my kids have probably gotten to this, my 411th post, right around January 17th, 2036, so I might as well take this time to come clean to them on a few things...

First of all, do you remember the few times that I made you macaroni and cheese, and how much you liked it? That's because I added a secret ingredient and didn't tell you. Ha! Isn't that funny? I always added a couple of shakes of garlic salt, and you always told me that it was the best mac & cheese you ever had. I knew that if I added the other stuff that Mommy & Daddy liked in our mac & cheese, like red pepper flakes or minced onion flakes or Italian seasoning, you would be able to see it and therefore turn your nose up at it. But garlic salt, that's pretty invisible when it gets mixed in to a cheesy concoction. And it made it oh so good...

Secondly, umm, wait a minute, I can't think of anything else I did to trick you...Probably because I knew you noticed everything, just like your old man, and I knew I wouldn't be able to deceive you for any length of time. So, I guess I will end this silly blog post for now, and let you get back to your doctoral theses and training for the Olympics. If I think of anything else I'll write to you in another 20 years...
This is pretty much exactly the way I picture our kids in 20 years, only cooler, smarter, and funnier...

No comments:

Post a Comment