Thursday, May 26, 2016

Tooth Paste+Hand Soap+Lip Balm+Water

Tooth paste plus hand soap plus lip balm plus water is not a new recipe for some tasty treat. Although it does sound delicious, doesn't it? I have never mixed up such a concoction to see what it might be like, but the Little One did. She did not, however, use a mixing bowl, like I would have wanted her to. No, she decided to mix up all this stuff in her bed, right on top of her sheets and blankets. Oh yes, she did some mixing on the wood floor in her bedroom, as well.

Why would she do such a thing, you might ask. There's one very simple answer: I have no idea. If you were to ask her, like I did, you would probably get a very similar answer: she doesn't know, either. As much as her answer made me want to bang my head against the wall, it was pretty much what I should have expected from a 4-year-old. I have had two other 4-year-olds before her, so I should have known that's what she would have said. It's still baffling, though.

Despite the craziness of the situation, though, I have formed a sort of non-provable hypothesis about how it might have gone down. I think she may have brought her toothpaste into her room (did I mention that the toothpaste in question is bright neon pink, and that it had started to dry on the wood floor by the time we found it?) just for fun, not realizing the mess she might make if most of it got squeezed out of the tube. I then hypothesize that she got the hand soap and water out of the bathroom, hoping that a little soap and water would help clean up the aforementioned toothpaste mess. I still don't know where the lip balm comes into play, and figuring that part out might be difficult because there wasn't any actual lip balm found anywhere in the mess. Just the empty lip balm container was there. Could she have eaten it? We may never know...and I don't think I want to find that out...

There was a bit of wailing and gnashing of teeth that night, and not just by the Little One. Thankfully it cleaned up pretty well, although she did not have any sheets on her bed for a couple of nights. Just think, in 3-and-a-half years we'll have yet another 4 year old to contend with. Remind me to hide all the toothpaste before then, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment