Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Crawler

Well, she's crawling. I will assume that you, my faithful readers, will know who I am talking about. I can tell you for sure that I am not talking about me, the Boy, or either of the dogs, because we are all dudes. And the Wife, the Girl, and the Little One are all very accomplished walkers, even if a couple of those females still might walk into trees and/or stub their toes way more than I would have ever expected. I will let you decide which two I am referring to...
I haven't gotten the Baby crawling on video or in a photo, so I stole this one off the internet. I am hoping the fact that all babies look alike allows me to fool most of my readers...

Yes, the Baby is officially crawling. I said she was doing so early last week, because right before I went to work one morning she crawled from one side of the living room over to my feet, where she proceeded to try to eat my shoelace. That was a distance of about five feet, which I would say meant that she was crawling. Nobody else in the family saw this happen though, and they all know my penchant for exaggerating things, so they wouldn't believe me. Here I thought I only exaggerated things on the blog, and in real life I was nothing but brutally honest, but apparently I have fooled myself into thinking this. So, to make a long story longer, she didn't start crawling until later in the week.

And it seemed like she would never actually crawl in front of enough people to make it "official". But then last Friday evening, while we were hanging out at my parents' place, she crawled all over the place. She went from one corner of the living room to the other. Then to another. Then back to where she had started. Then over towards Grandma. Then over by her Auntie. Pretty much wherever somebody would put her toys, the Baby would crawl over to get them. Then somebody else would put the toys in another location. So the Baby would crawl there. One of the good things about babies is that they don't catch on too quickly when you are trying to dupe them...

I still haven't gotten it on video, but please believe me that the Baby is definitely crawling. And if you don't believe me, which seemingly nobody does, ask the Wife. She has a much better reputation than I do when it comes to exaggerating. Or does she...?

No comments:

Post a Comment