Friday, October 7, 2016

Du Liebst Mich! Du Really Liebst Mich!

If you hadn't already noticed, the title of this post is not in English. It is supposed to be in German, or as the German people say, "Deutsch". I still can't figure out why we English speakers call Deutsch "German" when the Deutsch people themselves call it Deutsch. You would think that if a group of peoples wanted their language to be known as "Deutsch", the least we could do would be to call it that. I don't understand the English language sometimes...

I also really don't understand German, despite having taken 3.5 years of German classes during High School. If my teacher for all of those German classes, Frau Peggy (which translates to Mrs. Nancy in English) were to hear me speak German now, she would probably smack me upside the head with a schnitzel. I could always tell that she secretly wanted to do that to me back in high school, but thankfully, in America, we have rules against that. I'm glad I didn't grow up in Deutschland...

I am talking all of this Deutsch gibberish because this blog, Chaotic Kids & Clutter, was recently nominated for the Liebster Award! Woot woot! You may be asking yourself, "Self, what exactly is a Liebster Award?" Don't worry, I asked myself that too. Apparently the Liebster Award is a German blogging award, given out to bloggers across the globe who also don't know exactly what it is. But, really, when it comes down to it, an award is an award, am I right? And we here at Chaotic Kids & Clutter will accept any award they are handing out. Woohoo!!

There are rules that one must follow once one is nominated for the Liebster Award, and I am very good at following rules, as well as making up rules. Just ask my kids. So, here goes:

Rule #1: Thank the person who nominated me.
I was nominated by Jesse Zahrt, from the average jester blog. Jesse is one of my favorite bloggers because he is also from Minnesota, he is also 42 years of age, he also blogs about his children much of the time, and because he has a last name that is fun to say and that sounds German, or possibly Deutsch, depending on where he was born...

Rule #2: Display the Liebster Award logo in my post.



Rule #3: Write 150-300 words about my favorite blog that isn't my own.

I am not much of a word-counter, and I hope you aren't, either... Right now my favorite blog is EddieRivardFlyFishing.blogspot.com. Eddie Rivard is a fly fisherman like me, he lives in the same city as I do, he writes fun and interesting stories about his fishing exploits, and he fishes a lot because he is single, which is what I used to do when I was single. He helps me to reminisce, even though he isn't trying to. It's kind of a weird vibe we have going, whether he know that or not. I better stop writing before I get all sentimental...

Rule #4: Provide 10 random facts about myself.
I have pretty much already blogged about every single facet of my life, so I won't bore you with anything at this time. This Rule is optional, any way.

Rule #5: Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
As I mentioned in a recent post, I really don't read a lot of other blogs, but I will go ahead and nominate Eddie Rivard and his Eddie Rivard Fly Fishing blog, and my buddy Bryon Tang and his Timber Of Faith blog.

Rule #6: List the Rules in my post.
I'm doing that right now, aren't I?

Rule #7: Let everyone know they've been nominated.
OK, I will.


That's all the rules. I still am fuzzy about how this all works, if you can vote, how they announce the winners, if there even are winners or just a bunch of nominees, and whether the title of my post makes sense grammatically in German/Deutsch. I am very thankful for being nominated, and to all of you, my loyal readers. If it wasn't for you I would be the only one reading this right now. You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment