Thursday, November 17, 2016

Movie Review?!?!

The Wife and I never go to the movies. Even when we were dating and she was known as the Girlfriend, we
hardly ever went to a movie. We will occasionally take our kids to a movie, but usually when we do, just one of us goes. If I take the kids, the Wife stays home and gets some stuff done. If she takes the kids, I stay home and nap. In fact, as far back as I can remember, the only times the two of us went to a movie together, we only went because I had won tickets via some kind of contest or on-air radio giveaway. But, we went to a movie last night!

And guess what! We won these tickets, too! Only this time, the Wife won them. She's so awesome! I'm not really sure what she did to win them, but I know it was some kind of contest that Visa was doing. I could make a typical wife joke and say that maybe they were giving them away to the person who charged the most $ on their Visa card, but in reality I probably charge more than she does, and I don't want to give her any extra ammunition to use at a later date. So let's just say she got us entered into the contest somehow, and she won! Woot woot.

So, we got exclusive tickets to a pre-screening of that new Harry Potter prequel that is opening today...what's it called? Oh yes, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. I have not read any of the Harry Potter books, or the prequels, so I had no idea what this new movie was going to be about, or if it would be something I would enjoy, but it was free! And, it turns out, it was pretty good. Not great by any means, but interesting and entertaining. I wasn't always sure what was going on, but hey, when am I? Almost never, that's when.

Did I mention that it was in 3D? When I found that out, right as we were walking into the theater, I got a little uneasy. My tummy, and brains, and every other part of me has been known to get a little queasy at certain times, and I was worried that a 3D movie might trigger an eruption. But, I got through it with no problems, so that made it even better!

Throw in a free popcorn and soda for both of us, and a collectible movie poster that we are sure to keep for the next 25 or so years before we finally decide to toss it, and the night couldn't have gotten any better. I give the free movie, free popcorn, free soda, free poster, and a barf-free night two enthusiastic thumbs up. We should win free tickets more often! 

3 comments: