Thursday, November 24, 2016

Time To Give Thanks

A couple of weeks ago I was seriously contemplating writing a blog post that would have been titled "Things That Make Me Wish I Still Drank". You see, I don't drink any more, but sometimes there are things in life that make me wish I did still drink, like all of the sports teams in Minnesota, my home state. It would have been a slightly tongue-in-cheek list of things that tend to irk me more than other things, and I did start to put a list together in my head, but I never put it in writing, because it seemed as though a list of that sort might come off as a bunch of complaining on my part, and I typically don't like to complain, despite how it may seem here on the blog.

I really do have way more things to be thankful for than to complain about, and since it's Thanksgiving and all, I thought I would make that list instead. So, here is my list of Things I Am Thankful For Today, Thursday, November 24th, 2016:

Four great kids who are happy, healthy and who sometimes listen; A wife who I adore and who creates super cute kids who look like her; A couple of dogs that act happy to see me despite my less-than-optimal skills at being a dog owner; Brown trout; The ability to learn something new every day of my life; Friends who laugh at my silliness; Fly rods, the most amazing tool man has ever created; The grace and forgiveness offered to me by Jesus Christ; The ability to dream and be creative; Brook trout; Soft hair; The fact that goatees never go out of style, at least in my mind; Food of all kinds; Anxiety meds; Brakes that stop our cars even after I have changed the brake pads; A family who gets along with the Wife's family; Bluegills; Living in a country that has very minor problems when compared to other places; Springtime; Aquatic insects; Rainbow trout; Phones that are faster and more powerful than my computer at work; MyPillow; Playing catch; The Baby's giggles; The Little One's silliness; The Boy's goofiness; The Girl's thoughtfulness; People who read my blogs; The fact that the Wife and I pretty much have the same opinions about everything; Cheese (I know I already listed "food of all kinds", but cheese deserves special consideration); A working furnace; A great church family; Quality footwear; A high pain tolerance; Fast food; Slow food; Eggs (see Cheese, above); Lakes; Rivers; Creeks; Bass; Music with a good beat; Genetically-grown chickens (you would probably have to be a fly tyer to understand this one); Cousints; and countless other things that I thought of at 3:30 this morning but can't recall now that I am actually mostly awake.

Life is pretty awesome, and I am thankful for so much. I asked the three kids who are old enough to know more than 1 or 2 words of English to write down what they are thankful for. Here's what they wrote:
Not sure what kind of "drinks" he's talking about...
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us here at Chaotic Kids & Clutter!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too Scott! Great list and glad to see you're raising your family right since family and food rated highly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jesse! Hope you had a great day!

      Delete