Friday, January 20, 2017

It Ain't Christmas Anymore...

It's been over a month since I last blogged here at CK&C. This might be the longest hiatus I have taken since I started this blog almost 5 years ago. I didn't try to take a hiatus, it just kind of happened on its own accord. I even started to write a post about our Christmas celebration a couple of weeks ago, but I only got about two sentences in before something came up and I had to put it on hold. I guess I could have gone back and finished that one today, but for some reason a recap of our Christmas celebrating seems a little dated now. If you are one of the people who were particularly fond of the aforementioned hiatus, I thank you to keep your thoughts to yourself!

I haven't taken the time to write because I have been spending some of my free time doing other things. Mostly tying flies. I have a fairly sizable order of flies I need to tie for one of our local fly shops, and instead of doing it my usual way, which means waiting until the last week and then tying them as fast as I can whilst funneling Mountain Dew down my gullet for a caffeine boost, I started tying a couple of months in advance of the due date, tying a few here and a few there, without the aid of any performance enhancing sodas. It's been very enjoyable, and I am getting closer and closer to having the 14 dozen flies tied well before the actual due date. What a novel idea! Why didn't I think of doing things this way earlier in life, like say in Kindergarten...? I guess we'll never know.
Toby's favorite Christmas present, a mini Toby. Too bad it isn't actually his present...

Since the last time I wrote we have had some other excitement in our house. First of all, the Baby got pneumonia, which is always a hoot. Then the Girl got a tummy bug, just like everyone else in her school, but thankfully it did not transfer to anybody else in our house, which is amazing.

I know I said I wasn't going to recap our Christmas, but we did have a good one. We even met our newest great-niece for the first time, which was awesome. And she didn't give us her RSV or strep throat, which was even better.

Now, I am ready for Spring. Hopefully I will write again before it gets here.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete